Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What, Me Cook?

The director of the food pantry I volunteer at has been attempting to complete her September schedule for cooks but for some reason no one was available to organize the September 14 dinner. As we prepared to leave the pantry this past Monday, she asked if I would consider taking on the responsibility. I nearly laughed because I am certifiably the world's worst cook; or if not the world's worst, I am the world's "least excited" cook. Before I took a moment to think about it, my merciful mouth said, "I'd be happy to." Then I volunteered my friend and fellow blogger, Vicky, to assist me. So, I've been Googling taco salad recipes and I think I've found a winner. Thank you, Paula Dean! Wish us luck. Even homeless people appreciate a good meal, and we don't want to let them down. If this doesn't qualify me as crazy, nothing will. What am I going to be asked to do next? Balance the federal deficit? Lord help us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment