Monday, August 31, 2009

Crazy Love

As of yesterday, I reached a new level of crazy. After more than six months of counseling with my husband without much significant change I spent the afternoon with a good gal pal who wanted to browse some local shops before heading home after lunch. I began enjoying a "lazy look" at several stores without purchasing anything. Then, I spied a small gift that I knew would be a perfect stocking stuffer for my husband. So I bought it and tucked it into my purse for safe-keeping. A few doors down we spent a moment sniffing some scented candles when one particular fragrance caught our olfactory attention. It was a manly scent that was subtle and oh, so sexy. Unfortunately, there was only one left on the shelf to buy. What did I do? I snagged it and carried it around the store until we were ready to leave. As I paid the $40 for it, (ouch,) I found myself thinking, "Why am I buying Christmas gifts for someone who can be so insensitive to me?" The answer came quick. "I love him and I love Christmas. It's as simple as that." As I type this I want to smack myself in the head and scream, "What are you thinking.?" I guess that makes it official. I am crazy. I'm spending money I can't afford to spend on gifts for a husband who wouldn't dream of shopping for me before the 50% Sale signs go up the day before Christmas. If you can top that one, I can't wait to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment