Thursday, August 20, 2009

Crazy is as Crazy Does

An endless list of current challenging "issues" played in my mind as I prepared for a doctor's appointment early this morning. I managed to get through it pretty well until the nurse left me sitting for twenty minutes before the doctor entered the room where I sat on a typical examination table attempting not to move so I wouldn't wrinkle the white paper too much.



Don't you think it's a terrible waste to sit on clean paper fully clothed while you wrinkle it, rip it, maybe even wipe your runny nose on it (not that I would ever do that,) and then leave the room only to have the nurse tear a six-foot section off to cover the table with fresh paper so the next patient can do the same thing? How much paper do they go through, I wonder?



Yes, of course I'm all for paper at the Gyno's office. I mean, come on. That's just gross to think we would give that up, but in a regular doctor's office when you're not doing much more than chatting about your health and maybe reviewing recent test results? I'm not so sure.



I realize this is perhaps an UNcrazy post to begin with, but at least it's something. We all have "those days" and today is one of those for me. Fortunately the day is still young and I have plenty of time to add a little crazy to my night, even if it only means popping a few extra Hershey Kisses into my mouth after dinner or polishing my nails an insane shade of purple to match my daughter's.



All things being equal, on a day like today, crazy is as crazy does.

Hope you enjoy a personal moment of "crazy" today, and think of me when you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment